Referred by law enforcement, other agencies, schools and YCC outreach, these youth have either run away, been locked out of their homes, are habitually truant from school, or have exhibited ungovernable behavior. Our program is here to provide a safety net to young people and their families when they need it most.
Our residential counselors work with these youth and their families to address the immediate crisis and help provide long-term solutions to handle future problems once the child returns home. We work hard to re-unite families, with the goal of providing help and hope to families who have nowhere else to turn.
During their stay at YCC, our residents receive:
- Food, clothing and a safe, comfortable place to sleep
- A positive, productive and healthy living environment
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Medical and psychological services
- On-campus continued education
- Youth development programs
- Supervised recreation
- Life management and social skills counseling
- Aftercare support through our FAMILY LINK nonresidential program
- Referrals to other community agencies (when necessary)
If you need immediate short-term shelter or wish to refer someone, please call (904) 725-6662 or toll-free at 1-877-720-0007. All residential services are free and confidential.